Monday, December 27, 2010
We plan to have some activities for this semester other than our Grand Dinner.
1) I-Gel, Kepong = target participants - Year 4 and year 3
2) Hoya Lens, Kepong = target participants - Year 2 and year 1
1) Eye Screening
2) Autism Center
Friday, December 10, 2010
Please be informed that there will be a briefing/meeting with Bro. Hafidz. The details are as below:
Date / Day : 13 December 2010 / Monday
Time : 8.30 am
Venue : Optometry Lecture Room, Level 5
Agenda : Briefing on BV class.
Your attendance is compulsary.
From Bro. syazwan:
'Please take your first lab manual for Ophthalmic Optic and Dispensing lab in second year pigeon hole/box at level five. There is only one copy, pleases ask your class rep. to copy it for everyone. Do read it before lab session starts.'
'IOptoSS, your one-stop-site for latest information'
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
- ET same for N and D
- No improvement with plus correction.
- Normal AC/A ratio
- Amblyopia is common
- Onset: 2 years of age - even in late adulthood.
- BSV is weak
- Full duction
- Breakdown of an esophoria (most common)
- 6th nerve paresis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Tyroid eye disease.
- Conservative treatments such as vergence therapy, prism are usually not effective
- Surgery is required: bilateral medial rectus recession
*it is not that easy to treat this kind of patient, after the strabismus surgery, patient might end up with diplopia. So, what should we do? Comment and share your opinion.
source: Miss Melanie Yeoh, orthoptist.